Properly cooked foods result in overall good health. However, there are some cooking practices today that can be hazardous to our health and make us sick. Rare and medium rare foods are not generally the best for you as there are still bacteria and other organisms in the meat that have not been destroyed because the meat has not been cooked long enough. Many people, for instance, feel ill especially after eating egg that has not been properly cooked, whether fried (over easy) or boiled. For the health conscious among us, I will show how easy it is to properly boil an egg so that all harmful substances are killed.
As the saying goes, “it is so easy even a caveman can do it”. So here is how to properly boil an egg:
1. Place some water in a small pan.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to the water.
3. Place the pan on the stove and bring the water to boil.
4. Place the egg into the water ensuring that it is completely covered by the water.
5. Allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Turn off stove and remove egg from water and allow to cool.
7. Serve as desired with a little salt and pepper.
Here is to your health. Continue eating healthy and make sure to properly cook your food before consuming it.
This is the first in a series of “How To” articles that I will be publishing on a regular basis. I hope that you will benefit positively from the information contained in the “How To” posts.